This is a sales and marketing position with a fast-growing company in the chemical industry. The individual in this role will be primarily focused on military business and our company’s GSA contracts.
State Industrial Products, founded in 1911, is a $125 million privately-held company. We manufacture and distribute a wide range of specialty chemical, maintenance and repair products and services across the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. Our customers range from office buildings to manufacturers, from hospitals to utilities, from schools to universities.
We are an ISO certified company and we sell GSA approved products.
Join the State Industrial Products team and come grow with us!
• Direct sales efforts to achieve sales & profit goals by securing long-term, profitable business with selected customers. This position will be dealing extensively with military bases and our company’s GSA contracts.
• Meet / exceed sales and profit goals.
• Establish and maintain relationships at the Corporate level with select customers.
• Design and implement innovative customer sales programs to create unique customer value and build sales.
• Establish and implement sales growth plan. Includes corporate selling to purchasing and partnership with our local sales reps and managers to sell / service each location.
• Provide training to sales management and associates as needed.
• Manage all aspects of complex, multi-faceted programs including the process and key personnel.
• Military background strongly preferred
• Previous experience selling to or working closely with military bases
• Strong communication skills (verbal / written)
• Ability to influence and persuade
• Solid financial understanding
• Sales/marketing presentation skills
• Flexibility, leadership, independence
• Strong Basic PC skills
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet