Achieve sales objectives through effective leadership in recruiting, hiring and firing (as needed), and developing sales associates. The District Sales Manager is responsible for sales and product training using company tools / materials, account development and territory planning, providing positive motivation. District Sales Managers reports to the Regional Manager.
* Meet/exceed sales growth targets through continuous growth in average order value and average orders/month/rep.
* Staff the sales organization with the right people.
* Field supervision and development of new and veteran sales associates.
* Establish clear district goals and sales targets through business and territory planning.
* Reinforce and support corporate policies and guidelines in a consistent, professional company manner.
* Maintain/build sales relationships with existing customers and new.
* Aid in the development of future Sales Managers through training assignments.
* Act as a liaison between field sales and company headquarters.
* Complete paperwork necessary to fulfill position responsibilities.
* Promote company marketing and promotional programs.
* Train and coach direct sales representatives during the selling process, and in the planning process.
* Territory and district management.
* Interviewing skills for sales positions and with customers.
* Selling and coaching skills, problem solving.
* Ability to participate in group projects or activities that can result in new ideas that generate or enhance short-term results.
* Manage multiple tasks at any one time.
* Effective communication skills at all levels of the organization in writing and verbally outside of voice mail.
* Source recruit future sales candidates
* Sales management experience in industrial sales, ideally with commissioned sales people.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet