Do you have a passion for helping others achieve at their full potential? Are you ready to share your skills in sales with others? Does leveraging the digital universe into an optimized learning platform excite you? Join the State Industrial team as the Training Manager!
The Training Manager designs, builds and delivers the training curriculum for State Industrial Products employees, with primary emphasis on sales force development.
• Champion State’s training initiatives to foster a continuous learning culture.
• Develop training programs that are unique to State’s goals, values and mission statement.
• Provides mentorship, continuing education and ongoing training for new and existing sales team members and other employees using appropriate platforms including live classrooms, virtual classrooms and digital platforms.
• Work closely with management to identify product and sales improvement opportunities.
• Work closely with marketing and sales departments to align priorities and sales goals.
• Work one-on-one with Account Managers and Sales Managers to develop and reinforce skills.
• Keep abreast of emerging market trends and competitive landscape as they pertain to learning and development.
• Administrate all aspects of curriculum, enrollment and matriculation of employee participants.
• Develop appropriate management information tools that provide insight into the historical, ongoing and future training achievements of new and existing employees.
The ideal candidate is:
• Able to develop, design and deliver effective learning courses and curriculum.
• Able to create effective written documents.
• Able to present effectively to large groups.
• Able to master State’s chemical, dispenser and controller technologies.
• Equipped with analytical, decision making, problem solving, project management and organizational skills.
• Able to demonstrate effective selling in the field environment.
• Able to utilize Microsoft Office software and State specific software and apps. Able to master specialized learning software and platforms.
• Able to travel up to 30% throughout the United States and Canada.
• Able to complete financial analysis of assigned projects.
For this position, we require:
• A bachelor’s degree. Course work in sciences, marketing, communication, training or adult learning is preferred.
• 2+ years industrial marketing, project management or field sales experience.
• Ability to travel up to 30%. A valid driver’s license is required.
Perks and benefits of working at State:
• Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
• Company paid 401K with match
• Paid vacation and holidays
• Health and wellness benefits and incentives
• Bonus opportunities
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee Fitness Center
• Weekly Workout Wednesdays with a fitness trainer
• Dry cleaning service
• Car wash and detailing service available
• Paid volunteer hours
What it means to work at State:
• Over 110 years in business with continual growth
• Family-owned since 1911
• 700+ employees throughout the US, Puerto Rico and Canada
• Eight-time North Coast 99 winner
• Quarterly business reviews
• Company-wide meetings
• Proud “Make-a-Wish” partner
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet
*State Industrial Products is a non-smoking facility*