Achieve sales objectives through effective leadership inrecruiting, hiring and firing (as needed), and developing sales associates. The District Sales Manager is responsible for sales and product training using company tools / materials, account development and territory planning, providing positive motivation. District Sales Managers report to a Senior District Sales Manager or to the Regional Manager.
* Meet/exceed sales growth targets through continuous growth in average order value and average orders/month/rep.
* Staff the sales organization with the right people.
* Field supervision and development of new and veteran sales associates.
* Establish clear district goals and sales targets through business and territory planning.
* Reinforce and support corporate policies and guidelines in a consistent, professional company manner.
* Maintain/build sales relationships with existing customers and new.
* Aid in the development of future Sales Managers through training assignments.
* Act as a liaison between field sales and company headquarters.
* Complete paperwork necessary to fulfill position responsibilities.
* Promote company marketing and promotional programs.
* Train and coach direct sales representatives during the selling process, and in the planning process.
* Territory and district management.
* Interviewing skills for sales positions and with customers.
* Selling and coaching skills, problem solving.
* Ability to participate in group projects or activities that can result in new ideas that generate or enhance short-term results.
* Manage multiple tasks at any one time.
* Effective communication skills at all levels of the organization in writing and verbally outside of voice mail.
* Source recruit future sales candidates
* Sales management experience in industrial sales, ideally with commissioned sales people.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet